Thursday, 28 May 2015
Children's Choir Auditions
This just in! Inviting Grade 4 students to try out for St. James-Assiniboia Divisional Children's Choir for the 2015-2016 season.
SJASD CHILDREN'S CHOIR
Mrs. Harochaw is retiring and the Division is under the process of hiring a new choir director for the SJASD Children's Choir. In the meantime, Mrs. Harochaw will be auditioning students for this choir. This choir is an enrichment group that performs at a high level. Membership gives students the opportunity to develop excellent choral singing skills and to meet with other talented musicians from throughout the school division. Singers in this group enjoy rehearsing and performing a wide variety of beautiful music. In addition to having fun singing together, this choir works very hard. For this reason, the choir is considered an "elite" performing group, meeting the special musical needs of highly motivated, self-disciplined singers.
Children's Choir practices will meet weekly on Wednesdays from 4:15-5:45 beginning Wednesdsay, September 16 and ending mid-May, 2016. Location TBA. The 'choir kick-off' camp is held at Camp Arnes from Sept. 30 - Oct. 2.
- full year commitment to all rehearsals and concerts (Sept - May)
- singing ability (in pitch, energy, memory, facial expression and vocal quality)
- excellent behaviour
- 3 day choir camp - must attend
Auditions will take place June 1, 4, 5 and 8 for Grade 4 students at Voyageur School. Please go to the following link to sign up for an audition: Children's Choir Audition Sign-up
SHE'S LIKE THE SWALLOW
The audition includes:
- vocal range warm-ups to determine how high or low you can sing
- prepared selection of O Canada or She's Like the Swallow by student (you will be assessed for tuning, energy, facial expression and vocal quality)
- singing back a melody echo (you will hear a simple melody a few times and sing it back)
- a canon sung in round with teacher (eg. Row Row Your Boat)
- reading and clapping rhythms
- audition application form filled out (available from Ms. Rempel)